Friday 2 October 2009

Lot: 1108 - A Beswick cat, a Royal Doulton puppy in basket and a Wade Humpty Dumpty

Are you looking at the Willingham Auctions website? What do you mean, you're still at school? It's six thirty! That's ridiculous. What have you got to do a departmental handbook for anyway? If it was me, I'd just tell everyone what to do and that would be it. There's no point writing things down. If people are anything like me, they're far too busy to read.
Anyway, just go onto the Willingham auctions website, will you, and find Lot 1108. It's a Beswick cat, a Royal Doulton puppy in a basket and a Wade Humpty Dumpty. Now, it's very rare to get all three of those together in one lot. I think it's happened once before at an auction in Harrogate or somewhere like that, because I saw it on Flog It. And in the end they went for £38 for the whole lot. Well, I can get more than that for the kitten alone and there's a collector from Kidderminster I know who's always up here and she'll kill for Wade Humpty Dumpties, so I should be able to get £50 off her for that. And I'll probably just give the puppy in a basket to Michael, because he likes that kind of thing, I've decided.
So anyway, will you go to Willingham and put a bid on for me, because there's no way I can get down to Cambridge at the moment, what with my knee. I've been crying non-stop as it is with these hot flushes and the doctor won't put me back on oestrogen unless I stop smoking. So I might not be around for much longer at this rate. You can get me Lot 1108 and bring it up to Stoke at half-term, can't you, if it might be the last time you ever see me...

No comments:

Post a Comment